Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why am I blogging anyway??


This is my first attempt in blogging. I have been always fascinated by the idea of writing down something or other everyday which had made me to pause and say ‘hmm’. It could be anything, about me (well, I have no probs if you wish not to read!) or about anything of my choice.
 I have been having a BlogSpot account, which is 4 years old and have nothing but 2 poems in it (both by Wordsworth, I have deleted both now). I have not shared it with anyone for I never thought anybody would be interested to read what I write. Now, I am looking at it from a different angle, ‘I do not wish you guys read it just because I have written something’. This is an exercise to make sure that I am externalizing myself’ well, if you find it interesting, do read…as long as you feel it’s worth reading. When you read, please reflect on the same, criticize, appreciate, encourage, discourage….
Though I have been thinking about writing something for a long time, my friend Tilj and his blog (or blogs? Not sure about the usage) has made me to kick start this exercise. He is a first time dad and has been writing about being a father, his daughter Jenny and how Jenny has changed the world around him. For those who think ‘hae what is there to write about fatherhood every day??, I suggest to read his blogs (http://www.jennysdad.blogspot.com) you will certainly realize that what a father goes through while bringing a daughter up. There is something or other new about her every day. Guys, I too had the conviction that he will not be able to write after a week. After all what is there to write about the girl which would keep the interest of the readers???...till I visited my Brother at Bangalore last week.

There, we have our girl Diya, 6 months old who has changed the world around her, and has been continuing to do the same, everyday!! I am sure that If I were at Bangalore, I could have written 1-2 pages about her every day. May not be anything big or great but the feeling of having a baby girl around, the way she recognizes you, the way she smiles at you, the way she demands things from you (You just cannot say no to her, I bet) the innocence, the freshness, the beauty, the affection, the love etc etc. See I can go on and on…..  :)
Hats off to Tilj, for making use of blogging to writing about his daughter, to externalize. I am sure someday, Jenny would feel proud about her Father for actually writing all this down. Guys, TIlj’s blog is a reference guide for ‘to be’ first time fathers. Those who are expecting can make the best use of it!  :)
So, this has motivated me to start writing…Someday, I will also have a girl to feel proud on whatever I am writing… :)
With this, I am ending the starting of an exercise…. Keep visiting this space… You will get to read something or other… That is the only promise…. :)
A note on ‘Personification’
Here, ‘Personifies’ means nothing but to ‘represent’. I believe that each and every blog I write represents different aspects of ‘Sibi Mathews’ which you have or have not experienced in our interactions. You may or may not agree to my representations. My ‘self perception’ may not be right always.
‘Personify’ also means representing my ideas, my thoughts on different aspects of life. Again, you may choose to agree or disagree…. Please do let me know your thoughts on the same…

Sibi Mathews

6 comments:

  1. Wow...I am so flattered...thank you so much, Sibi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Siby, I have always been looking with WONDER at your personality!!!!
    It began rightly from the days of St.George's, back in 1989...
    Thanks and best wishes for this great effort.
    It is a public portal for anyone to learn from your inspiring personality, I will do it for sure.
    Thaks for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sibi,

    It had been a long time that I had read something nice and refreshing from you. Good attempt!! Expect to read more writings from you.. All the best.

    Your writing once made us realize there are many beautiful parts of life and we fail to notice and enjoy those happiness.

    Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sibi

    Somebody is in search of there inner self. Good write up and great attempt!!! way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sibi,
    Good Start and am not surprised to see you action your talents. Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete